Arsenal Attorneys is proud to announce internationally renowed firearms expert Rick Vasquez has formally joined the firm's team of experts. Rick will provide non-attorney consulting services to the firm's clients, including private individuals, manufacturers, and governments worldwide.
"Rick Vasquez has provided high value guidance to Arsenal Attorneys' clients who are concerned with compliance with ever-changing, complex firearms regulations," said Arsenal Attorneys' Managing Attorney Matthew Bergstrom. "We are proud to formally make him a member of our team."
Rick is a leading specialist in firearms technology, regulations, and tactics. He is available as a technical consultant, expert witness, security advisor, tactical instructor, and compliance specialist.
Previously Rick spent 15 years with the BATFE, where he served as acting Branch Chief of the Firearms Technology Branch (FTB). Prior to ATF, Rick served as a firearms instructor in the Diplomatic Security Service. During his distinguished career as a US Marine, Rick served as a weapons instructor and as detachment commander of the Marine Embassy Guard in Moscow.
Here is a small sample of Rick's accomplishments and skills:
- Expert witness in over 40 Federal and state court trials
- Instructor for Interstate Nexus
- Distinguished High Power Rifle Shooter
- Previous FFL Holder
- Certified armorer for Ruger, Glock, Smith and Wesson, and Heckler & Koch
- Advanced training in manufacturing and history of Marlin, Savage, H&R Inc., Winchester, Mossberg, Springfield Armory, Wilson Tools, Sig, Glock, Walther, Mauser, and others.
- Knowledgeable in Principles of Acoustics and the Measurement of Sound
- Delivered training in the recognition of silencers/silencer components and served as an expert in the classification of silencers and silencer components under federal statutes
- Author of numerous training lesson plans in a variety of firearms subjects
- Firearms instructor and security advisor to foreign government personnel, including France, Canada, Colombia, El Salvador, Mexico, Canada, Belize, Jamaica, Curacao and Guatemala
- Conversant in all aspects of the National Firearms Act (NFA)
- Knowledgeable in the requirements of importing firearms and firearms components, including ITAR
- Recipient of Public Service Award from the United States Attorney in the 4th district
- Recipient of ATF’s Distinguished Service Medal
- Recipient of numerous letters of appreciation from ATF, FBI, and foreign law enforcement
Contact Arsenal Attorneys to discuss how we can help you with your technical or legal matters related to firearms.