We recommend a recent Wall Street Journal article to all of our friends and clients--"Haven’t Updated Your Estate Plan in a While? It’s time. Many people wait until it’s too late, and leave a mess to their heirs. Many people wait until it’s too late, and leave a mess to their heirs."
Just consider the many reasons why you need to create or update an estate plan:
- Procrastination: Have you created an estate plan in the first place?
- Have you updated your estate plan since a birth, marriage, or divorce?
- Has your wealth changed significantly?
- Might you outlive your children?
- Do your children have special needs?
- Do you prefer a new person as the successor trustee, administrator, executor, guardian, etc. for you and/or your children?
- Do you wish to make charitable gifts?
Arsenal Attorneys regularly helps clients with their estate planning needs, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, medical directives, and more. Contact us to discuss your goals and questions.